University of Liège, Belgium
Executive Doctorate in Business Administration
| ABOUT University of Liège |
Founded in 1817, the University of Liège is the only public Community-sponsored University in the French-speaking part of Belgium which offers a complete range of university modules at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
HEC Liège delivers internationally recognized diplomas such as BS, Master, MA, MS, MBAs, Ph.D., EDBA as well as executive education diplomas (specialized complementary master's degrees) and teaching licenses of economics & business.
The University of Liège is located in the heart of Europe and is based in Liège, Belgium. The university campus is located in the outskirts of the city. It is easy to access, regular public buses travel to and from the city center in approximately 15 minutes. Close to the city center yet in a peaceful environment, the campus provides ideal surroundings for academic achievement.
The main campus of the University of Liège, Belgium, is famous for its natural scenery and beautiful architecture. The city of Liège brings together humanities, the impact of traditional history, and modern technology which cultivate the diverse and outstanding teaching concepts of the school. The city of Liège has the highest density and concentration of companies in the field of digital, technology, and Internet-oriented service industry, and is known as the Silicon Valley of Europe.
There are many international companies set their headquarters in Liège, among which the most representative companies are:
- AMOS Manufactures GRIN lenses, self-focusing lenses, gradient index glass
- Techspace Aero Aerospace technology company
- JUPILER Beer Company
- GODIVA Chocolate Company
- Famous Electronic Company: SAP、ANB、Balteau
▶ HEC Paris、HEC Montréal（New Building）、HEC Lausanne
| RANKING AND RECOGNITION |
HEC Liège is an accredited member of the US-based Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Liège Université is ranked 206th as the top 1,000 global university by CWUR World University Rankings 2018 - 2019
EQUIS & EPAS Accreditation
HEC Liège commitment to continue investing in quality improvement has been recognized through the award EQUIS delivered by the International accreditation organism EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development) since 1999. The school has also received EPAS accreditation awarded by the EFMD, especially for the doctoral program.
"QS World University Rankings", "Academic Ranking of World", and "THE World University Ranking" are recognized as the most reliable university ranking worldwide.
QS World University Rankings（Quacquarelli Symonds）
Liège Université is ranked 319th globally in the QS World University Rankings 2018
Academic Ranking of World Universities（ARWU）
Liège Université is ranked 201 – 300th in Academic Ranking of World Top 500 Universities (ARWU) - Shanghai Rankings 2020
Times Higher Education World University Rankings
Liège Université is ranked 301 – 350th in THE World University Rankings 2020
| ELITE ALUMNI |
Every year, HEC Liège will have new graduates into alumni vast network, which today gathers over 15,600 alumni working in various fields of expertise in Belgium and abroad.
In the ranking of the number of alumni serving as CEO in Fortune 500 companies, HEC ranks first in Europe and third in the world, is outranked only by Harvard University and Stanford University.
- François Hollande：French ex-president
- Pascal Lamy：Director-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Jean-Paul Agon：Chairman and CEO of international cosmetic company, L'Oréal
- Olivier Calandreau：Representative Director and CEO of Paris Bank all graduated from HEC
- Albert Claude：Won Nobel Prize in Physiology and Medicine in 1974
- Jean-Claude Marcourt：Vice-Minister-President and Minister of Economy and Foreign Affairs of the Walloon government, and Vice-Minister-President and Minister of Higher Education of the Government of the French Community
- Christophe Navarre：Chairman and CEO of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton
- Gregoire Dallemagne：Vice President of Belgian Information Operation
- Pierre Detry：Chairman and CEO of Nestlé S.A. in Switzerland
- Willy Demeyer：Mayor of the Belgian city of Liège、Parliamentary of Belgium Senate
- Gregoire Dallemagne：Chief Operating Officer of Foreign Trade and Investment Administration, Wallonia, Belgium
- Michel Toth：General Manager of Professional Products Division of L'Oréal Switzerland
| PROGRAM STRUCTURE |
|THE FOUNDATION FOR RESEARCH|
|EDBA 601||Research Methodology I|
|EDBA 602||Project Management|
|EDBA 603||Management of Organizations|
|EDBA 604||Research Conference I|
|EDBA 611||Research Conference IV_ Southeast Asia|
|EDBAS 612||Information System & Big Data Application|
|THE BUILDING OF A RESEARCH PROJECT|
|EDBA 605||Research Methodology II|
|EDBA 606||Agile Methodologies for Project Managers|
|EDBA 607||Financial Economy|
|EDBA 608||Research Conference II|
|EDBA 613||Research Conference V_ Taiwan|
|EDBAS 614||Contemporary Global Economy & Business Development|
|EDBA 610||Research Conference III|
|EDBA 615||Research Conference VI_ Southeast Asia|
|EDBAS 616||Innovation & Venture Capital Management|
|OR Management of Strategy & Negotiation|
|EDBAS 617||Independent Study-Each Semester 2days|
| COURSE ADVANTAGES |
EDBA VS. DBA VS. Ph.D.
| EDBA VS DBA |
EDBA is an essential degree program for people who have Ph.D. degrees from various fields! If you want to improve your management skills, the practice and management analysis of EDBA is a shortcut for corporate decision-makers to break through the depth of management!
| EDBA VS Ph.D. |
Except for the Ph.D. of Philosophy, the professional doctorate degree of business administration is opened for managers with many years of working experience. Ph.D. is a higher-level degree in the field of academic research. The U.S. Department of Education and the National Science Foundation believe that EDBA and Ph.D. are at the same academic level. Compared with Ph.D., HEC University of Liège EDBA pays more attention to "practice and application" to lead corporate senior managers and entrepreneurs elevate their thinking, cultivate strategic concepts, and become corporate strategic thinkers!
Executive Doctorate in Business Administration
Study Period：2-4 years
Thesis Standard：Practice and Management Analysis
Doctor of Philosophy
Study Period：3-7 years
Doctorate in Business Administration
Study Period：3-5 years
Thesis Standard：Theoretical and Innovational
| EXECUTIVEDOCTORATEIN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (EDBA) |
HEC Liège Executive Doctorate in Business Administration is the most advanced business management doctorate business degree. Professors and local faculty are skilled educators, researchers, and experienced industry practitioners. The faculty leverages their research and business expertise to impart new knowledge and powerful concepts that shape the future of management.
The EDBA is a practical combination of strong academic content, coupled with advanced 4business strategies and solutions. In this program, a powerful and effective teaching team makes every participant embrace multiple perspectives and challenge their thinking to high levels.
On successful completion of the EDBA program students will be able to:
- Apply relevant theoretical knowledge to contemporary business problems
- Critique contemporary organizational practice in the light of relevant theory
- Explain the principles of, and apply, a range of quantitative and qualitative research methods frequently used in business research
- Determine and apply appropriate research methods to business management problems
- Critically evaluate business research studies in order to assess their quality and applicability in improving the effective handling of business management problems
- Acquire and utilize knowledge of behavioral, policy and strategic issues to improve the effectiveness of their own organizations
- Identify, analyze and evaluate internal and external environmental influences on organizations in order to develop strategic plans for the management of change and development
- Demonstrate superior oral and written communications skills relevant to business
- Link the educational experience directly with their own workplace experience
| INTERNATIONAL LEADER in INNOVATIONAL TEACHING |
The University of Liège in Belgium has received the EQUIS Award and has been accredited by AACSB International since 2015. HEC Liège Management Department conducting scientific research with positive socioeconomics impact, and its doctoral degree program obtained the first EPAS accreditation, as well as EPAS accreditation for its master's degree in management and business engineering.
| HOW WILL University of Liège HELP MANAGERS |
The University of Liège in Belgium educates creative managers who will be responsible for building the future of enterprises and organizations in a cross-cultural environment. The college has a solid foundation and active position in its regional economic development.
- Proficiency in controlling languages
- Collaboration between all university stakeholders to realize original research, education, and professional knowledge practice
- Accelerate student development through social behavior and commitment
- Acquire decision-making skills based on quantitative and economic logic, combined with an understanding of technical challenges
- HEC Liège has established a strong motivation and team spirit among students, graduates, employees, and company partners through their mutual commitment to the basic values
- Excellence, corporate responsibility, critical thinking, entrepreneurial courage, and diversity respect
| FACULTY LIST |
Dr. Frédéric Ooms
Ph.D. Computational and Oranic Chemistry Université de Namur Harvard Business School
Certification in Disruptive Strategy with Clayton
Christensen Innovation Complete / MBA Solvay Business School
Dr. Charlie C. Chen
Ph.D. in M.I.S., Claremont Graduate University
M.B.A, American Graduate School of International Management
M.S., Fairleigh Dickinson University
Dr. Edward Lin
Ph.D. Industrial and Management Engineering University of Iowa, U.S.A.
M.S. Industrial and Management Engineering University of Iowa, U.S.A.
B.S. Industrial Engineering, Tunghai University, Taiwan
Dr. Eldon Y. Li
Ph.D. Texas Tech University, Lubbock, U.S.A.
M.S.B.A., Texas Tech University, Lubbock, U.S.A.
Dr. Lionel Artige
Ph.D. in Economics, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
M. A. in Economics, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
Dr. Danielle Sougne
Ph.D. in Applied Economics, Catholic University of Louvain
Master, Administration and Management, Finance Orientation University College London
Dr. Juan Mª Gallego
Psy.D. Organizational University of The Rockies, U.S.A.
Master of International Management Thunderbird School of Global Management, Glendale, A.Z.
Dr. Frances Lin
Ph.D. National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University
M.S. in Accounting, University of Southern California
| APPLICATION QUALIFICATIONS |
Evidence of master degree from an accredited Taiwan or overseas University, and meet other requirements set out in the guidelines will be able to apply for this EDBA degree.
Applicants must conform to the following standards：
- Possessed with MBA or equivalent master's degree.
- A minimum of ten years of working experience. （Management experiences are required.）
- Hold middle or senior management positions, such as GM, CEO...
| APPLICATION DOCUMENTS |
- Business Card x2
- Color Photos x4
- Passport Copy
- Personal Resume
- Application Form
- English Graduation Certificate and Transcript
- Study Plan
- Recommendation Letter x2
| APPLICATION FEE |
Application Fee: $50,000 NTD
（※The fee will be fully refunded if the application failed, but the admin service fee of $6,000 NTD is NOT included.）
| APPLICATION DATE |
The application is accepted from Today.
| CONTACT US |
HEC Liège Main Campus Official Website：https://www.uliege.be/
CSKM Global Learning Center：http://www.cskm.com.tw/
ADDRESS：7F., No. 286, Sec. 3, Sanmin Rd., Taoyuan Dist., Taoyuan City 330004, Taiwan (R.O.C.)